Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Sunday!

He is risen indeed, loves! And praise be to God for that! He has set us free    giving us new life, new hope, and new purpose :) We can live because He lives! His power surmounts all else; His love is gloriously displayed by His eternal presence with us. Never will He leave us! PRAISE praise PRAISE!!!

1 After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.
 2 There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. 3 His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. 4 The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.
 5 The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. 6 He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. 7 Then go quickly and tell his disciples: ‘He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.’ Now I have told you."
 8 So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. 9 Suddenly Jesus met them. 'Greetings,' he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him. 10 Then Jesus said to them, 'Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee; there they will see me.'”
{Matthew 28:1-10}

1 Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. 2 This is what the ancients were commended for.
3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible."
{Hebrews 11:1-3}

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

{Jeremiah 29:11}

Those are just a few of the verses referenced in today's services :) I attended three services today: sunrise, 9:30 sanctuary, and 11:15 gym. This is a tradition three years running with Heather, and we are both quite fond of it :) Church was definitely the highlight of my day; I just wish that I could have truly experienced that with my whole family. My dad didn't come to any of the services with me, even though I was given the impression that he would. My sisters came, but I was informed that they were there for me, not necessarily for Jesus, which hurt. My mom wasn't able to come to service, but that was because she was having a bad allergic reaction to pollen; she had every intention of coming. My point in this rant is this: More than anything, I want my family, my entire family, to want to celebrate Jesus    especially on days like this. And I don't want them to go because of a sense of obligation to me, because it's not about me! I want them to come to church and hear God's Word because they want that time with Him. They don't even need to come to my church if they don't want to! I just want them to be actively pursuing their relationship with Christ. More than anything, I want that. I hope that one day I can celebrate Easter with my whole family    singing praises and worshipping the Lord together in all of His splendor. Surely, such a thing is possible, for He has made all things possible. I have hope in that, even despite the fact that His plan is not visible to me. Nothing to be done well can be done alone. My Jesus is with me, and He is with us all :) Never forget that, friends!

Happy Easter :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment