Thursday, April 19, 2012

I would like to thank my small group

for turning around my mood after being in the biggest funk ever all day today. Between being exhausted all through modern class (which translated into mistakes and frustration), too scatter-braind to truly work on my improv final, wallowing in stress in TDU basically the whole time I was there, and having to go to work (where I was left to run the deli AND the pasta bowl station for an HOUR by MYSELF, WITH a rush!)... I was not having it. To be honest, I was tempted to go back to my room and crash, but I'm really glad I didn't. Small group was wonderful tonight, full of encouragement and vulnerability. I know people have come and gone since we were established, but I really am blessed to have this group of girls and have them be as reliable and stable as they are. This is something I used to take for granted, but I have seen the effects of time on other small groups, and it makes me all the more thankful. But yes, I want to share a few verses from tonight that stuck with me.

"4 The word of the LORD came to me, saying,
 5 'Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
   before you were born I set you apart;
   I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”
 6 'Ah, Sovereign LORD,' I said, 'I do not know how to speak; I am only a child.'
 7 But the LORD said to me, 'Do not say, ‘I am only a child.’ You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. 8 Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,' declares the LORD.
 9 Then the LORD reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, 'Now, I have put my words in your mouth. 10 See, today I appoint you over nations and kingdoms to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and to plant.'"
{Jeremiah 1:4-10}

"12 Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. 13Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching and to teaching. 14Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through a prophetic message when the body of elders laid their hands on you.
 15 Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress. 16 Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers."
{1 Timothy 4: 12-16}


Since small group, I have not been productive but instead have socialized and dawdled on Pottermore.... This is all I have to say:


I have no justification....

One more thing! Taylor played this in TDU for me today to temporarily cheer me up :) I do love her, and this song really does need to make a comeback!



Goodnight loves!

0 comments:

Post a Comment