Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Passion of the Christ

I saw this movie today for the first time; cue the cringing, anxiety, and overwhelming feelings of horror. I'm not going to lie to you, story of the crucifixion never seemed so brutal and gory as it did while I was watching this film. Whenever I read the scriptures, although I know that Christ was beaten and tortured, His interactions always seemed so collected. He literally seems like He had a level of peace and control that surpassed any normal humans capability. But seeing this portrayal reminded me that Jesus, though the Son of God was in fact human. He felt every lash of pain in that flogging. He felt the pain and exhaustion of dying. He experienced true agony with each drop of blood and ounce of strength being drained from Him. Before He rose again, Jesus died    heinously and horrifically.

(Image: I only linked it for those who can handle the graphic nature.)

Even at the worst graphic displays, I had to keep my eyes on the screen. I may think it's hard to watch, but that is what my Savior had to endure for me! Everything that happened to Jesus was for my salvation and because of my sin! I cannot turn a blind-eye to it, for I am no exception to the reasoning for His sacrifice. Truly, I am impacted. My understanding has been enhanced, and I am deeply humbled.

0 comments:

Post a Comment