Friday, April 27, 2012

Thank you, Thursday!

Both presentations are done! My last science homework is done! Just TWO finals stand in the way of me and Summer! Wait, what? I'm going to be a... a... JUNIOR?! Holla fo a dolla upperclassmen!!! Haha :) Sorry, I know that was obnoxious, but I mean it happens.

I got to stop by the SAO graduate photo shoot and take some pictures of/with Lauren, Jenna, and Jenn :) I can't believe they're graduating!!! Crazy. And even though Lauren's technically not graduating until December, it's still this year and it's still crazy!

Playing around on my phone :)
(P.S.- I don't know why Jenna's is so dark!)


I love them so much!

Work wasn't too bad, so that was good.

I led my last Bible study tonight. Well, actually, I wasn't leading it in the same capacity that I normally would. We each shared verses that were being laid on our hearts as of recent, and we shared why the scripture held value and how God was using it to speak to and impact us. This is the passage I shared:

"1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. 3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4 Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
   5 I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. 8 This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples."
{John 15:1-8}


Not all of my is glorifying to God. I have several flaws, negative tendencies, and sinful traits that build up pride and selfishness within myself. These things are the branches that God wishes to remove from the vine, and I must be willing to sacrifice pride and stubborn nature to let Him do so. These branches are not bearing fruit, and truthfully they hinder the growth of fruit in other areas of my life. I am not the light I once was, at least not the same luminosity. I can feel this difference within myself; this isn't the same joy. But God wants to bring me back to that; He wants to prune me and prompt me to grow     closer to righteousness, closer to wisdom, closer to Him and who He wants me to be. If I break down everything and allow Him to work, then I can truly be a testament that bears fruit for His kingdom and His glory :)

I still can't believe my time as Bible study head is over... Truthfully, I am going to miss it. This position was a wonderful leadership experience for me, and beyond that, I have truly found the value in spiritually challenging myself. Yes, the challenge was channeled at me through the vessel of exec, but I just mean the act of me personally confronting this challenge. I grew to really enjoy doing something that initially instilled me with so much fear. This, truly, is a bittersweet departure.

After Bible study, a quick trip to Chick-fil-a, and dashing through my GSCI homework... I went to see The Vow at Grafton with Lauren, Brandi, Courtney, and Hannah. It was good, but the whole prospect just struck me as being so tragic! I was sitting there feeling terrible heartache for these fictional characters! I'm not going to spoil anything on there for those who may not have seen it yet, but I will just say that this would be one of the hardest life situations to encounter if I had to. To love someone so passionately, and for them to know but not be able to recognize that they once felt the same in return would completely devastate me! Ohhh I can't think about this!

Anyways, I am so happy that my week is over! Praise praise praise! I really do feel so much better :)

Goodnight loves!

0 comments:

Post a Comment