Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Gospel.

Tonight at small group, we talked about the Gospel    creation, fall, redemption, and renewal. And although it's a topic we hear about often as Christians, it is something that should never be overlooked or undermined. Not only did we talk about what the gospel is and what it says, we were also challenged to write out the Gospel in our own words. Let me give you a brief walk-through...



"So God created man in his own image, 
 in the image of God he created him; 
 male and female he created them."

{Genesis 1:27}


"16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together."
{Colossians 1:16-17}


{Genesis 3}


"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
{Romans 3:23}


"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace."
{Ephesians 1:7}


"50 And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.
 51 At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook and the rocks split."
{Matthew 27:50-51}

9 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God."
{1 Corinthians 6:9-11}

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."
{Romans 12:2}

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"
{2 Corinthians 5:17}

And this is how I summarized the Gospel in my own words. This is something I have never done before, and I was a little pressed for time. I want to share it, though, because this is something that actually made me quite anxious. I wasn't sure if I could honestly do it, but was amazed to see that I actually could! If you have never tried writing this out for yourself, I would highly recommend it! If nothing else, it can affirm that you are indeed capable of sharing the good news with others :) Anyways, here is what I came up with:
In the beginning, everything    including the human race    was made perfectly as God intended. He made us specifically in His image    life breathed into us through His breath. Our perfect unity with God was shattered, however, when man became thirsty for knowledge that belonged to God and God alone; they brought sin into the world. And because of sin there came separation    from God and perfection. The barricade of sin and separation became so great, that it was clear that no mere human could mend it; our debt to God was insurmountable. But God desired a relationship with us    His creation    so He sent His only son, Jesus Christ, to live a perfect life. He lived free of sin and separation, making Jesus the perfect sacrifice to pay for all of our sins (past, present, and future). Jesus Christ was crucified on a cross so that man could re-enter into an intimate relationship with God. Just as Jesus's blood poured out, the grace of God was poured upon us; and it is done so for free. Through His love, grace, and mercy, He has given us a second chance. He wants us to accept Christ, be washed clean, and live forever with Him. God is jealous for us, and He loves us.
I know my rendition is nowhere near perfect, but for me it is most definitely a start. Perhaps when I am not limited on page space or time, I shall challenge myself to write everything out again. But I posted this on here because the Gospel does need to be shared with others, and we need to be bold enough to do so. This is a step for me, and I hope it encourages you to step out as well :)

I love you all! Goodnight :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment