Monday, April 23, 2012

"I see a generation rising up to take their place!"

Hello all!

Despite the rain and cold temperatures, I really enjoyed today :) I'm tellin' ya, whoever has been praying for peace to descend on me must be truly righteous, because the prayers are effective! And I know this is not by my own strength or accord! So a sincere "THANK YOU!" to those who have been helping me in that manner :) I had small group pictures this morning, and I cannot wait to see how they come out! It was nice and wet outside, but I still think they will come out cute :)

After brunch with Hannah and three of her amigos, we had tea time with out SAO alum! I had such a marvelous time conversing and laughing with my sisters; it put me in a very chipper frame of mind :) Then, after a brief period of productivity, Kirsten, Brittany, and I did some shopping for recruitment supplies to help me out for next semester. This was greatly appreciated, and I now have a trunk full of fun things!

Tonight's business meeting was full of pass-downs! Current committee heads handed over their advice, encouragement, and supplies to the future heads. Likewise, exec members passed down their materials to the new board. Here is my lovely binder that Hannah presented me with!


As excited as I am for this position, I know how bittersweet all of this is for the current exec member, my dear loves. They have served in these positions for the past two years, and for them to entrust these roles over to us is truly an honor. I love and respect those girls so much; I only hope that we can make them proud and serve them well!

Tonight, we also congratulated our two graduating seniors, Jenn and Jenna. I don't think any of us expected it to be so emotional, but it was enough to lead me to tear. To know that these two beloved sisters of mine will not be returning in the Fall is so surreal. Because, while I know that they are graduating, the real meaning of that has not truly sunken in yet. They are so wonderful, and I could try to write out what their friendship means to me, but the tangent would be of unruly length. I will settle with saying that I love them beyond words, and I will miss them with all of my heart!

We sang this song at our worship night, and Courtney specifically requested it because of the line that titles this post.



In this time of transition, our sisterhood's dependence on God is particularly vital. But in knowing that we have Him, and that we have each other, we can weather any obstacle :)

Goodnight loves :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment