Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Yellow ribbon and a parking lot chat.

I got to watch Juliana at her gymnastics meet today, and she did beautifully! She competed on bars and beam, and came away with a third place ribbon overall for beam    receiving the highest score on her team!



I was/am so very proud of her! And to follow up her meet, we enjoyed some B-dubs medium wings and sweet tea :D


I made it to 1822 in time for the tail-end of worship and the talk, which was really excellent, I think! It was about the parable of the wise and foolish builders.

24 Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”
{Matthew 7:24-27}

I have never really taken the time to analyze this parable before, but I thoroughly enjoyed her take on it. Even when we build our houses on sand, which we have all done at some point, we can take that crash and allow God to guide us in building our foundation on solid rock. After all, He is our Rock.

After 1822, I had a nice long parking lot chat with a good friend. We discussed a lot of things in the 60+ minutes we spent out there. One particular topic, however, it left me wondering... Apparently, as it pertains to my future romantic relationship(s), I'm not going to to really give anyone a chance because my tendency is to laugh off their pursuit as if they're joking. I won't lie to you, I've done that before    because it's an easier way out than the alternative. But then, I have to wonder if I'm going to stand in the way of my own potential happiness if I make that a habit. Ugh. Add that to the fact that I don't know how to handle male attention and I guess that makes me kind of a hot mess. Haha. But you know, I'm not too concerned. Whoever God wants in my life will be able to pervade through my awkwardness and, by the grace of Jesus, form a mutual loving relationship with me :) Hashtag(#), BOOM!

Goodnight loves :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment