Tuesday, March 13, 2012

No solitude, thank you.

I learned today that I differ from many people in this respect: When I'm upset/frustrated, the last place I want to be is by myself; being alone only fosters more pent-up feelings of hostility. Sometimes I just need to vent and get it out of my system so that I can move on. Other times I'd rather not talk about it but just want to cuddle on a couch somewhere with a friend who loves me. Today I got my midterm grade back for my modern class, and I did less than stellar. All I wanted to do was throw myself at a punching bag, but instead I had to try and meditate and find relaxation because it was a yoga class... Of all days. Then, I had to go to my improvisation class, with the same professor, and take instruction and once again relax during those exercises. Can I just say how difficult it is to "let go" when you can tangibly feel agitation welling up inside of you? (Also bear in mind that I am not good at masking anything in the realm of anger... It reads all over my face.) It didn't help that I got my improv grade back and received full points, because despite being extremely happy about my score, I knew that meant that I was capable of doing better in modern. Again, a punching bag would have been awesome. I will say, though, that I am incredibly grateful for my loving sisters. They're always there to listen to me vent, make me smile, encourage me, put things in perspective, and just be the kind of support system that I need. Oh I just love them :)

Let's run-down!

  • Classes.
  • TDU chillage!
  • Quad hangout with Hannah and Jenna :)
  • Bible study.
  • Led by my beautiful Little :)
  • It was on Eve, and I loved our discussion and analysis!
  • Dinner with Hannah, Hannah, and Taylor :)
  • Finished my personal statement for my major application.
  • Went to the Fishbowl to watch The Voice and The Bachelor.
  • Those girls bring me joy :)

Goodnight loves!

0 comments:

Post a Comment