Friday, March 16, 2012

Little determinants.

The major application in turned in.
The long group paper for research methods is turned in.
The tedious GSCI homework has been completed.

With these things off of my to-do list, I can breathe a heavy sigh and embrace the weekend. I have to tell you, it astounds me how it's the little agitations and inconveniences that end up ruining your day. Truly, I was a wreck this morning. Or rather, I was forcibly hold myself together to prevent a wreck, despite my completed assignments. Little bumps in the road send me to Angry Annie/Debbie Downer status. Rough stuff, right? Well, the good news is that even the simplest of joys can successfully brighten your mood. Getting a paycheck that was more than you anticipated instead of less, laying in the sun, watching puppies/giant dogs galavant across the quad, playing Draw Something with people who are sitting right next to you, singing along to Wicked songs, letting your friends use you as a pillow, catching up with your best friend from middle school that you haven't seen in quite a while, dancing in a circle with sisters, realizing that you have the same signature song that you did in high school, hugging dear friends, quoting each other repeatedly and still finding it humorous.... All of it :) For every stress or frustration that exists in my life, I have a plethora of positive things to counter and overwhelm it. Perhaps that will be an approach I test out in the coming week. Remember the mirths, dwell not on the burdens!

Goodnight darlings :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment