Friday, March 9, 2012

Girl, you rock that up-do!

Sorry, I just had to throw that line out there. Haha. Today I actually did sport an up-do, which is something I rarely ever go with. I think it turned out alright, though. And even though the pictures aren't the best quality, I promise I didn't look quite so bald in person. Haha.









In addition to Kelly's birthday festivities (please see previous post), I also got to grab dinner with Same and Addie at Casa Grande. I even got to go by Addie's house and see Father David, Jennifer, and Emily :) I haven't seen them in forever, so it really was a treat! I enjoy catching up with people who have meant so much to me; it brings me a unique sort of happiness :)

Lastly, I finished the Hunger Game series today. I will not leak any spoilers or anything, but I do want to have a tiny tangent. Okay, so books one and two blew my mind. It was all I could do to put them down, and as soon as I finished them I darted to Target to purchase the next one. Unfortunately, the ending of Mockingjay left me discomforted and no where near satisfied    kind of like how I felt at the end of the Notebook. I just wish that what led up to ending was more developed, and that I could have gotten a greater sense of the characters' emotional mind-frames. Also, I guess I just really wanted there to be a sense of happiness underlying the ending scenario, and there wasn't really. Truly, I felt a little disheartened... I'll go ahead and stop now. I am in no way suggesting that the book was ill-written, and I do realize that these books are fictional. Haha. I just tend to get wrapped up in series like this that leave me hooked. Laugh if you want, I won't be offended :)

Also, the Twilight wall no longer pervades my room! There are still a few posters, but their presence isn't overwhelming as they once were, haha. I might post pictures tomorrow, we'll see! Goodnight loves!

0 comments:

Post a Comment