Friday, March 23, 2012

"I volunteer! I volunteer as tribute!"

Now please just imagine a random guy standing up and yelling that in front of the entire movie theater while a woman is trying to read off a Hunger Games trivia question.... HAHAHAHA! It was so funny, y'all!

Alright, so let's talk about today :) I had my GSCI midterm, which I think went pretty well! We'll see though, because I thought the same thing last time and got a 72.... That was a disappointment. But anyways! I spent my afternoon hanging out with sisters in TDU, taking a nap there, and working. It was Employee Appreciation Day, so I got to wear jeans and this spiffy free shirt that we got :) I realized that I really like the people I work with on Thursdays, which is what makes them so much more bearable than Wednesdays (even despite the longer shift). And today was extra special, because I had three of my sisters come and see me to get food! Taylor, Lauren, and Courtney were such pleasant surprises :) I just love them.

After work, I participated in a scavenger hunt around campus with my sisters :) It was quite a lot of running, and my feet will not be my friends tomorrow, but it was fun! My team (Lauren C., Courtney, Jenn, and myself) ended up winning by 1.5 points! Close call, huh? Then, I had a quick turn-around to get picked-up for the Hunger Games midnight premiere!!!! I had a little bit of an issue actually picking up my ticket, but once that was straightened out I was good to go! Brandi, Brittany, and I were in the same theater :) We got to experience the incident mentioned at the beginning of this post, as well me finding out that my friend Kristina was the one who got called out by the trivia woman for having a "hair salon" session in the middle of the theater. Haha!

The movie was incredible! Of course things are left out/changed a bit, but that's unavoidable. The characters were played out very true-to-book, and overall I was impressed!
I lost a tear at this part... So emotional.

 I'm so happy that I got to experience another exciting midnight premiere, and that I got to do so with my sisters :) Dove love all around!!! Which reminds me!.....

This will be my last post until Sunday. Tomorrow (technically today), I leave for a weekend retreat with my SAO loves :) I am so excited!!! I cannot wait to see what Jesus has in store :)

Goodnight loves! Sleep well :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment