Wednesday, November 30, 2011

{Habakkuk 1:5}

 “Look at the nations and watch—
and be utterly amazed. 
For I am going to do something in your days
that you would not believe,
even if you were told."

One of our Deltas, Jess, tweeted this scripture reference earlier today, and I think it is just so... exciting! The concept of never really being able to fathom the things that God can and will do is mind-blowing--I think largely because we live in a culture where we are so used to being able to find out anything and everything with a Google search or text to ChaCha. Either way, God is mighty! He can do all things, even those things that lie beyond our comprehension :) We will be amazed, and we should be amazed by the miracles and blessings that are taking place every day. His hand is in it all, and it is worthy of our praise.

There isn't much to say about today, truly. It was colder than usual, and that was a bit of a downer, that and the rain that was coming down this morning. Luckily, though, the sun was out by lunch time. I had a lovely lunch with Kirsten. We spent almost the entire time discussing the different struggles and experiences with our divorced parents. I know it sounds like kind of a glum discussion, but it really wasn't! I enjoy learning about people's pasts; it truly does reveal a portion of how they came to be the person they currently are.

I was able to write my opinion paper for oceanography, and I even got a short nap in before actually going to class. However, I paid about zero attention in the class itself. I was too busy trying to find good ideas for Christmas presents... I have a feeling that this is going to be and extremely rough year for me in that department. I love to give! It is just so hard for me to decide on a gift for someone because I'm secretly afraid that they won't like it at all. I'm kind of stressing out about it. Hopefully it will all come together though.

I got to spend some time with my sisters tonight, which I loved. And I got to spend even more time specifically with my future housemates :) We sipped on blooming tea (Heather and I's Teavana favorites, actually!), and just talked about silly and girly things. Living in the Fishbowl next year is going to be so wonderful! I cannot wait :)

A confession: I've been spending almost no alone time with God. It's terrible and I want to fix it. I want to be in a better place in my personal relationship with my Father. One of my sisters, Jenn, said something very wise and convicting the other night (though she doesn't realize that it impacted me in that way). She said how important it was to have personal, one-on-one time with God so that, when she's pouring into others, She pouring Jesus into them instead of herself. Bam! Insert the truck collision. I need to take that to heart. It's a truth that I believe I have been avoiding, but, now that it has been brought to light, it is time to address and implement it. Hold me accountable, dear friends. Ask me if I'm having my alone time and delving into the Word. I think it will help.

I love you all! Goodnight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment