Wednesday, November 16, 2011

#JMUstrong

JMU experienced its fifth [I just discovered] sixth loss of the semester tonight, most of which have occurred within the past month. With the passing of four students and an administrator, our community has found it essential to stand together and be a support system that is rooted in our love for one another as dukes. We are a community, not merely a student body. And in the wake of tragedy, we will remain JMUstrong. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of all who have passed. Heaven is truly glistening purple and gold.
In this season, we are constantly being asked what it is that we are thankful for. This year, I am truly humbled and grateful to be blessed with life. That girl who was hit by the bus tonight could have been me. The girl who had the long-boarding accident could have been me. But I am alive. These breathes are not guaranteed to me, nor is prolonged physical life. So long as I am living in this world, I will praise God for being able to see another day, for having time to spend with loved ones, and for being able to soak up the richness of the glory that dwells amongst His children. Thank you, God, for giving me the time that you have. And I thank you that I am a part of a community that bands together in times of tragedy; let us all sing praises for the blessing of life.

"But I will sing of your strength, 
   in the morning I will sing of your love; 
for you are my fortress, 
   my refuge in times of trouble."

{Psalm 59:16}


"So do not fear, for I am with you; 
   do not be dismayed, for I am your God. 
I will strengthen you and help you; 
   I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

{Isaiah 41:10}

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”
{Joshua 1:9}

0 comments:

Post a Comment