Monday, November 21, 2011

I suppose one should heed their own advice...

and I am no exception. But I suppose I struggle with deciphering whether or not this is an "apple worth picking" so to speak. Were I to express raw emotions, what would result? Would confession proceed obligatory inclusion? What a rough terrain for interaction to be based upon, and hardly an ideal scenario for anyone. It seems perhaps far better to leak in private than to splurge in openness and be perceived as hypersensitive (though that possibility has not been discarded). I suppose what's saddening is the way things seem to have been altered. Perhaps for others there has remained consistency, but alas I feel an ever increasing barricade that leads me to harbor both frustration and confusion. You have not angered me, that emotion in part seems too severe, but this frustration is no result of accident or coincidence. In time I may very well be able to move past it without bitter feelings or grudge, and if this is to be continual then I hope that time comes soon. Pettiness is not an appealing quality, and for that reason I choosing to remain quiet in my own respect. I would hate to cause tension or confrontation where none is needed. If the only person who is feeling negative impact is myself, then why cause others an unnecessary disturbance? That would be selfish on my part-- a quality I never wish to embody. So instead I bite the bit and swallow pride, remembering that I am not entitled to the things I am used to. Change is constant, regardless of my perspective on it. There is silver lining beyond the opaque storm clous. Better still, there are silver clouds. Though I may be down in this respect, I have not overlooked my countless blessings that lift me up :) There is still much joy to be had, and one scenario of upset cannot eclipse that simple yet beautiful truth.

1 comments:

Heather Tobey said...

I love you, Steph, with my whole heart! I am here for you, you know that. Praying for you and thinking about you today :)

Post a Comment