Sunday, November 6, 2011

"I didn't fall!"

"It only counts if your hand touches the floor!" (I ended up falling twice... Minor fail.)

You may be wondering what on earth I'm talking about. Well, today was a roller skating social for SAO! Yes, Brittany, Kirsten, Jenna, and myself ventured over to Funky's where we strapped on some skates and let it roll.... along with the three birthday parties and Discipleship Now groups that were in there. Haha! It was SO FUN though! I hadn't roller skated since the field trip for my 8th grade gym class, and I suppose I didn't do too bad considering! Okay, but I already told you I fell. Well, one of those times was when I was trying to skate backwards while looking over my should to make sure there wasn't a kid behind me. The other time, the wipe out involved myself and two little girls that were probably about 4 years old, haha. They were skating towards each other in... my line of momentum. I tried to slow down and grab the little girl so she wouldn't fall, but she fell anyways. And she had grabbed on to me to hold herself up, so I went down with her. And I think her friend got so sidetracked with the two of us falling that she lost balance and toppled over also. Haha. No one was hurt. They were laughing. Everything was fine! Haha. Before we left, Brittany =, Kirsten, and I got to do the Cha Cha Slide, Cupid Shuffle, and Cotten-Eyed Joe. So great :)

My little, Hannah, and I filled our Operation Christmas Child box today!

We have a lot of things in there! And it was a pretty nice mix of necessities and fun stuff considering we were working in the confines of a shoe box! From socks, to a giant Christmas pen, to glow sticks, to a travel mug, to nail polish, to headbands, to these awesome erasers that are shaped like food (they're kind of a fad these days).... I think we did alright! I hope the little girl likes it :)

We followed our shopping trip up with some dinner, which was nice :) I came back to my room and did a little school work before meeting up with Steph. We went to Duke's to utilize her punches and then raced over to Wilson to watch Jenn dance in the Asian Student Union Culture Show! She did so incredibly well! I was such a proud parent watching her up there :) When she saw that Stephanie, myself, and five of the Delta's came to see her, she was so happy her eyes leaked! She is a precious lamb, truly :) I love her so much!!!!

After mingling in Wilson for quite some time, Stephanie, Jenn, and I went to Steph's apartment and watched Burlesque :) Jenn had to leave early, but I was so happy to have her cuddle with us and take in the flick while she could! Stephanie had the exact same reactions as she did the first time we watched the movie.... Haha! She makes me smile :)

Random side-note... my Little has confessed that she is a terrible dancer. Haha! The other Deltas tonight were giving her such a hard time about the issues she was having with the dance they're creating. Even she had to laugh at herself, haha! As Jess said, "I feel like we all need rubber bracelets that say 'Save Hannah's swag!'" Bahahahaha!
(Haha! Steph was trying to help her out.)

And even though the clocks set themselves back, it really is 2:10 right now.... Oh dear. It's time for some sleep. I love you all! Goodnight!

0 comments:

Post a Comment