Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thanksgiving Break 2011: the beginning

I didn't post last night, and that was because I went to the Breaking Dawn midnight premier!
I really enjoyed it :) And what made it even better was being there with Hannah, Brandi, Jenn, Kirsten, Rachel, and Nicole. I love them so much! Dove love, for real!

This morning came early, as I had to finish packing, pickup my paycheck, and get checked out buy 10:15. Ezara kindly drove me home, and I was back in Richmond by 12:30! By the time we got to my house, though, I was left with very little time to unload my stuff and make it to church by 1. One of my dear friends lost her mother as of recent, and I attended her funeral so as to be as much of a support as I could.

Following the reception, I deposited my check and was soon off to see my little sisters art in the CFA showcase. I absolutely love my sisters newly developed style of art! As soon as I stepped into the gallery, I knew exactly which piece was hers, and I definitely had a proud sister moment :) I saw some of my loved from the dance department (such as Fink, Tony, Rave, Kara, Jessica, Hailee) before I left with my mom and Jenn. I didn't stay for the show, because I'm a broke college student and I didn't want to have to buy my own dinner later (since my family wasn't staying for the performing arts).

I got dinner with my mom and Jenn at Casa Grande, and although the food was excellent, the conversation got tense. My mother and I simply do not see eye-to-eye on political issues. At all. I am much more of a humanitarian, wanting lookout for everyone and make sure that we are helping those who truly, truly need it. My mother, however, feels like she has enough issues of her own that she's dealing with, and that our country should just look out for #1, essentially. It was rough. This is why I don't discuss politics; it angers me too easily, and I feel like there is so little heart or sympathy that goes into people standpoints. So yeah, I was super happy to get out of there!

I spent a good amount of time at church during the youth choir's GCN rehearsal :) I love going to church and seeing so many of my little loves! There were hugs to be had everywhere, and lots of discussion about getting together this week :) YAY! I love them all so much!

Kelly came over for a short spell, and we just relaxed on my sofa and talked for a while. She was very, very sleepy though, so we called it a night kind of early. This will probably benefit me a great deal, since I wasn't even able to get five hours of sleep last night... Woops! Both of were dealing with sleep drizz after the midnight premier, so really this was probably best for both of us. That being said, my pillow is calling my name. Goodnight loves!

P.S.- In case you were wondering, I AM SO EXCITED THAT I AM ON THANKSGIVING BREAK RIGHT NOW! Eeeeeeep :D Make plans with me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment