Monday, November 28, 2011

A beautiful revelation :)

As I was singing in church this morning, a wonderful thought struck me for what I believe was the first time ever!


I get to spend forever with everyone I love!

Ahh! In that moment, my heart was filled with so much joy! Every sister. Every friend. Every family member. Every youth. Every single beloved brother and sister in Christ! Just take a moment to think about that. Forever! Amazing, right?! (Now, of course, this is based on the assumption that I myself am going to Heaven, which I certainly hope I will be!) Oh my goodness, to never have to leave the people I love.... It will be so divine! And, even better still, we will all be in the constant presence of God! WHAT?!?! To be able to physically hug and tough and dance beside Jesus... It's going to blow my mind, I'm telling you.

I also had a verse that popped into my head during prayer time...

"And in fact, you do love all the brothers throughout Macedonia. Yet we urge you, brothers, to do so more and more."
{1 Thessalonians 4:10}

Now, I have never read this book of the Bible through, and I've only read passages from it during the occasional Bible study or sermon, so I wasn't sure why that verse came to mind. But, after looking it up, it made sense. I need to love more, and I mean genuinely and wholeheartedly-- without condition or restriction. It's true, I love a lot of people, but my quality of love can go further and deeper. Noted!

Other reasons today was lovely:

  • Scoob was home!
  • These crazy boys (Josh, Ben, and Tyler) driving beside me and jamming out to Christmas music on the way to lunch!
  • Enjoying Chipotle with a large group of people I love :)
  • My ponytail is all ready to be shipped!
  • Dinner with my padre.
  • Visiting Steph in Carrier.
  • An hour-long skype date with Jenn :)
Sort of somewhat bittersweet note:

  • Thanksgiving break is officially over.
  • I am back at JMU.
  • Back to work, studying, homework, and stress.
  • But hey, I have lovely friends here too!

Gotta look on the bright side, right? YES! There is always something to praise God for! Goodnight loves :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment