Sunday, April 24, 2011

My home. My Jesus :)

Today was lovely :) After getting up and ready, I drove over to Boyer's. I gave Jamal my information so that perhaps I can get a job there, and then I headed over to church. I saw so many of my lovely friends whom I have missed so much! To walk into a room and literally have people hugging me left and right just makes my heart beam! WEAG, in general, does that to me. That is my home, truly. It holds my most beloved brothers and sisters, family I could not live without :)

Nikki and I got to have a Stizz date today, too, which made me very happy :) As is tradition, we got our "romantic window seat," and we got to catch up on each other's lives a little bit. (I cannot wait until summer, when these kind of rendez-vous can happen more often!) We brought Heather back a drink, and I ate dinner in the fellowship hall with everyone before watching The Master's Plan. (Oh, for those who don't know, the reason so many people were at my church was because of the Easter production! I probably should have clarified that earlier... Sorry!)

The Master's Plan was so good! Not only did I love seeing my friends out the glory of Jesus on display, but the message was truly amazing. Jesus was a son, a friend, a healer, a teacher... our Messiah. And yet, he was crucified, and all the while there were mockers in the crowd. They pointed and laughed as He hung on the cross. One of the most impacting scenes, for me, was when one of the mocking women was yelling at those who were mourning Jesus. She was asking them how Jesus could be their King if He could not bring himself off of the cross. With only a crown of thorns, what kind of King was He? And even with all of that, Jesus said "Forgive them, Father, for they know not what they do." {Luke 23:34}

Jesus died nailed to a cross so that I wouldn't have to. My sins would sentence me to such a death, but the burden was carried for me. My salvation has been purchased, and I am not entitled to it--none of us are. But that is the glory of our Lord! He blesses us with grace we don't deserve, and it rains down on us from His throne in Heaven! Jesus loves us all. He did so while He lived on this earth, and He does so now. He defeated death and is alive! His Spirit lives among us! How marvelous, that is :)

Goodnight, precious loves :) Let us not forget what Easter is all about :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment