Monday, April 11, 2011

"I feel like I'm in a jungle right now."

Welcome to Carrier after-hours, featuring:
 Hannah,
 Courtney,
 myself,
and Stephanie (so cute!).

Yeah.... hahaha. Anyways, today was good. A group of us SAO sisters went to Ekklesia this morning, where we heard a sermon on sisterhood and to sang "Sanctuary" for the congregation. Twas a lovely service indeed :) Lunch with Hannah, Brandi, and Courtney was lovely. And after swiping into UREC for an hour to fulfill my log requirement for health (so dumb), I went back to my dorm to finish my analysis and do laundry. I watched Sleeping Beauty while I worked on my paper :) I know I watched it yesterday, but it's just so good! Also, I had a bit of a fail with the washing machine. Somehow, I managed to obtain a super banged up (and mildly deformed) quarter. When I tried to put it in the slot, it didn't fit. So there I sat for almost 5 minutes trying to force this quarter in the slot, and it wouldn't even budge! I even asked this random guy if he could help me. In the end, I was able to remove the quarter from the slot and just use another one. Fail. As per usual, I had dinner at Festival before the SAO meeting, which was lovely :) I gave a devotional on serving/ministering to others out of love, not obligation. (Thank you Love Joint retreat for the scripture and message!) It went pretty well, I'd say. I wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be, so that's good. We concluded our meeting early, and at 7 we all headed over to JMU One, a worship experience designed to unite JMU's campus ministries. I was only able to stay for about 45 minutes, but what I got to partake in was really great! (From what I heard, the event was incredibly awesome and uplifting. Praise!) I met up with a girl from my literature class to work on our presentation, and I think we're pretty set! (Even if we did have one of our group members flake out...) And yeah, the rest of my night was spent with the crazy hooligans you see pictured above :) I love them, I really do. With all of my heart :)

Oh, and Hannah wanted me to mention that I had a major fail moment when we were leaving the library. As I was slinging my backpack over my shoulder, my elbow slammed into the power strip on the column behind me. I wasn't going to mention it, but I decided I would do it to make Hannah happy :)

Goodnight loves!

0 comments:

Post a Comment