Friday, April 1, 2011

Let's Dougie into traffic...

Maybe we'll turn out as lucky as this guy!

Yeah... As concerned as I am about the safety of this man, I find it rather humorous that he thought it was a good idea to pull a Frogger. Fail, sir. FAIL.

I spent lots of lovely time with some sisters today, and I am right now too actually! Stephanie and Taylor, who else? There isn't much to say about today aside from the fact that I went to this awesome IV event called Overflow, where we talked about how to share the gospel with others and overcome the fears we have in doing so. We also did some role-playing conversations where one person was a non-Christian, and the other person had to share the message of Jesus as a means to plant the seed! This.... was quite hard, but I'm really glad I was challenged! Megan (my partner) did an amazing job of probing me with questions from a non-Christian perspective. More importantly, I found that it was not as difficult to answer her questions as I thought it would be! It is true, God will work and speak through us :)


"19 But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, 20 for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you."
{Matthew 10:19-20}


I found tonight to be really encouraging, especially since I've been thinking a lot recently about how to get my father to go back to church. Even though I'm afraid he will reject the things I say or maybe even put up a wall, I know I have to try. God has been placing that on my heart. I need to reach out to him. Please be praying that I don't let my fear stand in the way of doing so! Bahh! I think I can do it :) Like I said, tonight was a real encouragement. Sure, we are all somewhat afraid of how non-believers will receive the gospel, but we are called to spread God's word. It must be done!

"6 For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. 7 For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. 8 So do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord or of me his prisoner. Rather, join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God. 9 He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time, 10 but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel."
{2 Timothy 1:6-10}

Dearest friends, we are on the weekend's horizon! Woop woop! Goodnight :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment