Sunday, April 3, 2011

I love my life

and everyone in it! These past todays have been both relaxing and exciting, and I've loved every second of it :) I didn't post last night, so I'm covering yesterday and today in this post. Brace yourself! Ready.... Go!

After class yesterday, Steph and I rendez-vouzed in Harrisonburg. We got lunch at Taste of Thai, and it was absolutely delicious. Then, we ventured to Earth & Tea, where we were each able to savor a small pot of tea for just three dollars each. What a steal!
I also really loved the India-esque vibe of that place. We will be going back soon :) From there, we went on a little shopping trip with Hannah, Brandi, and Courtney :) I found some cute things that I'm really excited about, one of which is a pair of blue rain shoes :) Yes, I said shoes, not boots. I may post a picture of them later :) By the time we were all finished, there wasn't time to make it to large group, so I had dinner with my lovely sisters before spending the rest of the evening (up until 3:30 AM) in Hannah and Brandi's room. We watched Black Swan and Peter Pan (Jeremy Sumpter version), Youtube browsed, and Brandi was kind enough to paint Hannah and I's nails. I love my Hannah and Brandi so much; I wish I could adequately put it into words for you. I know that they are always there for me to talk to, and just seeing them makes my day brighter :) They mean the world to me :)

As for today, I promised myself I would finish this application for the WEAG Family Life Internship, and I believe I am officially done! Yay!!! Please be praying that I get this; I want it SO badly! But yes, let me continue with the day's events... I got lunch with my darling sister, Taylor :) She always makes me smile :) Then, a little later, the fantastic four (aka Steph, Andy, Taylor, and myself) went to BDubs to watch the VCU game! I enjoyed being in that atmosphere, even if there was that ONE guy who was the ONLY one rooting for Butler.... Anyways, I had to finish watching the game in my room while I got ready. Please enjoy the recap of Reem and I's conversation. (There were less than three minutes left.)

Me: "Oh my gosh, COME ON VCU! YOU CAN DO IT!"
Reem: "I don't think they're going to win."
Me: "Reem, don't say that! I HAVE FAITH!"
**Butler makes another shot.**
Reem: "...I think the other team has faith too."

Hahaha. It wasn't funny that VCU lost, but if you could have heard her say that.... Haha! It was really quite humorous. But yes, I spent my night at IV's black and white themed semi-formal! It. was. SO FUN! I had a blast getting to dance with my small group and a group of my SAO sisters :D It had been too long since my last dance party, and I felt so free! Seriously, I have the time of my life when I'm dancing, and it feels amazing! Oh, if I could put this night on repeat I would! Everyone looked so gorgeous/handsome, and it was just SO GREAT!

I am so blessed. God has been so good to me, and it truly blows my mind. To know that I have done nothing to earn His grace and love, and yet He continues to shower me with both just floors me. Our God's magnificence goes beyond all measure. No matter how often I thank Him for what He has done for me (and the people I love), it will never be sufficient. He is incredible! He is worthy to be praised, always :) Recently I have noticed that, even in upsetting situations, there is always something to be thankful for. Never lose sight of that, because our Lord and Father always works for the good of His children. We are His sons and daughters, and He loves us :) Praise! Let us reciprocate that love unceasingly!

Goodnight my precious loves. Sweet dreams :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment