Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Moments of absurdity,

we all have them. And I can just imagine what God thinks in those periods. I imagine it's much like when you see a small child running around with a jar, capturing fireflies within it. Hoping to have them as a night light, they fail to realize that their luminous friends will all too soon be unable to breathe. They don't see the harm in what they're doing, only focused on their present scheme.

Sometimes, our minds have ridiculous thoughts--ones that judge, ridicule, false-analyze, and confuse. Our Father knows our every thought, and He sees the negativity in it even when we fail to do so. Lucky for us, He is willing to speak into us and brings to light our offensive nature in a way that is full of grace and forgiveness.

I'll take this moment to be blatantly honest, and please know that I'm not trying to get attention or anything of that sort. I don't think of myself as skinny, and I don't particularly consider myself to be any unique kind of beautiful or attractive. Sometimes when I look at myself I only see the flaws. But as I was thinking about that the other night, a thought struck me. God probably thinks I am so rude! Seriously, here I am knocking myself, HIS CREATION. Who am I to judge something that God made and victimize it my own selfish ridicule? No one, that's who. I'd be foolish to think otherwise.

God looks at each and every one of His children (and every piece of His creation) as beautiful, flawless. {Song of Solomon 4:7} By me constantly things I think are "not up to par," I am essentially slapping God in the face. It's kind of a harsh way to think about it, but I think that might kind of be how He feels. In spite of that, it amazes me that His love never ends. Nothing we do, say, or think, can stop Him from showering us with His compassion. Yet, for some reason, it is so hard for us to reciprocate that generosity. But I guess if it were easy, we wouldn't need Jesus or the grace He blesses us with...

On a more surface-level mind-frame, I was pondering something on the way to bus stop today when I took a moment to take in my surroundings. I started comparing man's creation to our Father's, and let me just say, there is no comparison. I looked at the bulky metal bus next to this quaint little tree that was covered in pink blossoms.... See what I'm saying? Nothing God creates is ugly. He made it with intension and purpose. Nothing made by our own means will ever measure up.

I suppose what I'm getting at is that we need to respect God's work, and praise Him for the glory of everything He does. Give thanks for your blessings with your mind, body, and soul. Mere words will never be enough to adequately express how you feel, no matter how poetic or sincere. Rely not on language as a means of expression, but rather the actions of your heart.

Let's show God how much we love Him!

Goodnight dears :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment