Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Today was WONDERFUL!

I got with class at 11 as usual, after which I went to Starbucks and treated myself, Hannah, and Erin to some drinks :) They ventured off to lunch while I sat outside and soaked up the beautiful weather. While I was sitting there, a boy stops, addresses me by name, and says hi to me. He's in ROTC get-up, and the name on his uniform says Cox... I have no idea who he is. He was super understanding, and proceeded to tell me that we went to middle school together. SO CRAZY! I have not seen this person in over five years, and he recognized me. It was cool though! We talked for about two minutes, just seeing how each other enjoyed their summer and whatnot. Some might consider that creepy, but it made me smile :) I got to grab some lunch with my darling Stephanie, which is always wonderful :) Once she left to go to class, I eventually wandered up to the clubhouse to help make the SAO banner for recruitment week (NEXT WEEK!) that will be hung in TDU. I was pretty impressed with my ability to free draw/cut out the greek symbol "omega," and I got to put my cursive skills to use! Oh, and we got to use glitter..... :) I do love glitter. Haha. (Ke$ha-related love? Maybe!) And the best part of the whole endeavor was getting to spend time with Hannah, Kirsten, Brittany, and Jenn :) From there, it was time for dinner/workshop sesh with Justice Team. This event looks like it's going to be legit! I'm stoked to see everything come together :) The name of the event is H2O, and the slogan is Dig Deep (cause we're building a well!). I cannot wait to see the official design of the shirts and water bottles/mugs! Eeep!

Okay, but let me tell you two highlights from my day:
1) I GOT A JOB! Dining services contacted me about working in Market One on campus! I'm not like starting tomorrow or anything, but they're going to be calling me in the next few days or so to discuss a shift schedule. Yay!!! I am so in need of an income! This is such a blessing! Even if it is only a smidgen above minimum wage.
2) I got the email with all of the retreat info for this weekend! My boxcar is literally the bomb dot com! Not only that, but I get to do some potential fun crazy shenanigans with Kathryn! (Or I mean it could be super chill, but let's be honest... It's me and Kathryn. Haha!) (And yes, I realize that was improper grammar.) I am just so grateful for this opportunity to be a leader for something like this, and I cannot wait to be reunited with so many amazing individuals that I love so dearly! Look at my little youth loves! This. Is. RETREAT!!!!

Goodnight loves!

0 comments:

Post a Comment