Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I have a choice

to be joyful and cheerful in the Lord-- to live my life in thanks and praise to God. That is the lesson I started my day with today, and it is so true! Some of you who know me well may have picked up on this sort of funk I had been in the past few days. Well, the funny thing is, I have no idea what caused that. I can not sit here and pinpoint what caused that feeling. My thoughts: Satan wedged his way in during my weakness and played my emotions like a ukelele. Not cool, right? Well, no mas! I will wake up in the morning and make the conscious decision to face every day with an optimistic outlook, so that peace and happiness my dwell in my heart :) I also need to get back to being diligent with my morning devos. Today was the first time I had done it in probably a week or so. I need to make sure I get my time in the word every day; I have not been doing well with that. I am so thankful, though, for my small group! Tonight was something I really needed. We simply went over who Jesus was, what He did, and what His life, death, and resurrection signifies in our lives. It was just really good for me in a way I'm sure I can explain on here. I even hugged Melissa and told her "thank you" before I left. True story. Also, and this might sound kind of random, I want to go back and re-memorize my verses from this summer. They are seriously popping up everywhere, and it kills me that I don't know them like I used to because their messages are so relevant! I'mma jump on that soon, hopefully :)

So yeah, that's a good bit of what's been going on with me recently! Sorry if that came out resembling a tangent. In other news: Thinking about who is going to be my little makes me both excited and anxious. I need to go into some serious prayer about this. I want my decision to have direction from Jesus :) You know what I mean? And on a totally separate note, I have an oceanography test tomorrow. So dumb. I haven't dona a lot of quality studying, but I'm hoping that my excellent short-term recognition memory will get me through it alright! FIngers crossed! Also, I start my job on Wednesday! Praise! I am excited :) Now we'll just wait and see if I feel the same way after my shifts on Wednesday and Thursday.... Haha. Goodnight world!

0 comments:

Post a Comment