Sunday, September 25, 2011

Things I need to hear...



"I can do all this through him who gives me strength." {Philippians 4:13}




"1 I waited patiently for the LORD;
   he turned to me and heard my cry.
2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
   out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
   and gave me a firm place to stand.
3 He put a new song in my mouth,
   a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
   and put their trust in the LORD.
 4 Blessed is the man
   who makes the LORD his trust,
who does not look to the proud,
   to those who turn aside to false gods.[a]
5 Many, O LORD my God,
   are the wonders you have done.
The things you planned for us
   no one can recount to you;
were I to speak and tell of them,
   they would be too many to declare."
{Psalm 40:1-5}




1 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God[a]; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”
{John 14:1-4}

The more you are asked if you are okay, the more you start to wonder... This weekend has been stressful and draining, both physically and emotionally. And although I sense that I may be in a bit of a rut, I have to trust and have faith that God will pull me out of it.  None of this was meant for me to encounter or overcome on my own; my strength is far too feeble. God has equipped me to find peace and joy in Him, and He is waiting for me to fully embrace that and take comfort in it. These are not empty promises, and I should in no way feel as such. He can point me to where He wants me, and in Him I can be made whole and truly satisfied.

"5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart 
   and lean not on your own understanding; 
6 in all your ways submit to him, 
   and he will make your paths straight."

{Proverbs 3:5-6}

0 comments:

Post a Comment