Friday, September 2, 2011

God made it all, and He is in everything.

That's what I was thinking about today when I got out of my SOWK 287 class early. I was laying down outside on East Campus and listening to worship music, all the while looking at the grass, the clouds, the sun... They are all just as much God's creation as we are, but we were blessed with His breathe of life. But it's comforting, knowing that. So while it might seem like I was merely laying in the middle of a bunch grass, I am surrounded by God's work--resting in it. It was cool :) I enjoy having moments like that. (And for those who were wondering, I have done my devotionals the past two mornings :) Still going strong!)

Today, in general was alright. Classes were good. I found out that a lot of people in my SOWK 288 class have an interest or passion in human trafficking also(!), which means it is going to be made part of our curriculum. Yesssss. I cannot wait for that! For now, though, we're discussing environmental welfare, and out group is going to give a presentation on mountaintop removal. I had never heard of it before, but it really sparked me interest when a girl in my group brought it up.

I had lunch with Brittany and Kirsten today, which was nice :) I always enjoy it whenever I can spend time with my SAO sisters! They are two girls I would love to get to know better this year. They really are very sweet :)

Unfortunately, the bad day struck today. But, on a much brighter note, I was able to skype with Heather! I miss her! And (even though it was pixely) I am so glad I got to see her lovely face! It made my day, truly :) I love my best fwendddd!

I was eventually able to get a nap and sleep off the bad day, so I made it to the Justice Team meeting tonight, and I'm glad I did. We caught up on each other's lives since last semester, ate a community desert (yumm!), played catch phrase, and started working more on out Justice Team event coming up! It has the potential to be so amazing! We are all praying that everything comes together the way it looks like they might. But of course we know that everything is ultimately in God's hands. He has to be the one driving the force, otherwise our efforts are feeble. Philippians 4:13? Heck yes!

Also, I love how many youth have been texting/messaging/emailing/chatting me since I've come to school. It seriously make my day! I miss my loves! Only 15 days until retreat! Eeeeep! Goodnight loves :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment