Thursday, September 22, 2011

Late night Carrier productivity, ftw!

Well, today was pretty awesome in the grand scheme of things. Anthro wasn't too overwhelming. I had lunch with Hannah, Erin, Kirsten, and Brittany. And after that I had an "interview" with a 3M students, which means they're an upperclassman Social Work major that is taking the required micro, macro, and mezzo social work classes. Basically it was role playing. She pretended to be a social worker from Child Protective Services, and I had to pretend to be a parent under suspicion for child neglect. I was nervous about having to make up a story and somewhat act the part and everything! Haha. I had to make up things all the way down to "what and where my employment was" and "the name and age of my child" and "why I was being suspected of neglect." It was crazy. Haha. But the girl said I did a good job once it was all said and done, so that's good! And now I have an idea of what I'll be doing in two years. Bahh! But yeah, from there I headed back to the dorm, getting some "Duke Dots" along the way. Yes, students were making dip n' dots in the Phys/Chem hallway. I got a small cup of chocolate dots for a dollar; it was delicious. A nap soon followed, and it ended up being 30 minutes longer than originally planned (go figure, haha). Hitting the snooze button six times... Rough. Haha. Anyways, Brianna and I listened to old 90s/early 2000s songs while I got ready for the evening, which included Justice Team and a recruitment SAO ice cream social :) The tee-shirt designs for the J-Team event have been decided on, and the ice cream social was so fun :) I got to talk to quite a few girls, and may or may not made myself sound like a fool, haha. I mean, doesn't everyone have a Pokemon shirt? Wouldn't you wear it out in public? Hahaha. I mean hey, I have no shame, and I don't mind too much if people laugh at my expense :) As for nighttime, Steph and I had a late night Carrier date (my first of the year!). She had reading to do (which I distracted her from, woops...), and I got my oceanography stuff done. YAY! I was actually productive with my time! And I still got to spend time with Steph! Winning?! Oh yes :)

Yep, that's basically it for today :) I am waiting for the day that people get tired of reading this thing, seriously. I feel like my posts aren't really that interesting most of the time. But I love that I have some faithful readers :) It really does make me happy, haha. I love you all! I hope your slumber was/is filled with pleasant dreams :) Goodnight!

0 comments:

Post a Comment