Monday, September 5, 2011

A realization.

Okay, so I mentioned a week ago that my transition back to JMU went a lot smoother than I had anticipated. And it was really piquing my interest why that was. I mean, after creating so many amazing relationships with youth this summer and having grown closer to the most amazing friends God could have blessed me with, I was expecting and emotional breakdown that would have put Irene to shame [in regards to the waterworks]. But I came back here, and everything was just very ordinary, day-to-day living. I got back into things very naturally without sobs. So I just kept wondering exactly how that happened, and I came to this conclusion: I am supposed to be here right now. As terribly as I miss everyone at home, it's true. And in a way, realizing that was such an amazing comfort for me. Last year, I'll never forget it, I was crying my eyes out at church the Sunday I had to go back to school after winter break. Elsbeth was talking to me and asked me, "Have you ever considered that maybe JMU isn't where you're supposed to be?" That question honestly terrified me, because it had the potential of being so true. Up to that point, I had cried every time I had to leave home and come back, and I was starting to have my doubts. But now, I don't have that worry so much. I have a roommate who is a wonderful friend, and we share a mutual caring and supportive relationship. I have the most amazing sorority sisters ever who build me up in my faith and showing me unfailing love. I have a small group who has invested their time and energy into supporting me in my spiritual walk. I have my Justice Team members who share my passion for global justice, and I have my other Eagle and IV friends that have maintained relationships with me despite communication gaps and various distances. I am okay. I can be here and be alright. And as for my darling friends and beloved youth back home, I still have them too! I have talked to so many people even already since I've been gone, and it has made me so happy! I still have that open communication and I can still know what's going on in their lives! It's not exactly the same, of course, but nothing has been cast by the wayside. I am so blessed to have the people I have in my life--both here at JMU and at home. God really has been looking out for me. And I'm just so thankful to have this peace of mind that I am good where I am! Lugging that fear around was so worrisome I can't even tell you, especially this summer. Thanks be to Him for alleviating that burden! Thank You, thank You, thank You!

Curious about the rundown?

  • Church service at Aletheia.
  • Brunch with Brittany, Brianna, and Andrea.
  • Nap.
  • Homework.
  • Dinner with Steph :)
  • Homework/hall meeting.
  • Skype date with Heather!
  • Shower/here I am.

Goodnight loves!

1 comments:

E.B. said...

im so happy that you're happy! :)

Post a Comment