Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Abandon.

This past weekend, I had the privilege of being a leader on Seek and Echo's Fall Retreat: Abandon. The message was all about abandoning aspects of your life that hinder your relationship with God and your ability to truly follow Him. It was so amazing to see the work God was doing in each person, from their words to their actions. From image, to pride, to reputation, to foul language, to relationship struggles... each person had something different that they wanted to let go of for good--starting with this weekend. I saw relationships forming in what seemed to be the most unlikely places, and I saw more unity in this youth group than I think I've ever seen before. From the seniors letting little Zeke sit with them at lunch, to tiny 6th grade Brady being lifted on the shoulders of a bunch of high school boys after scoring a goal in their soccer game, I just could not help but beam with joy :) I am so blessed to have been a part of this experience, and I do not know where I would be if it were not for these youth and crazy leaders. I love them all so incredibly much! Each one of them has made an amazing impact my life :)

















God is good, all the time :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment