Wednesday, July 14, 2010

This dance is called: "Sensational Slip n' Slide"

My alarm woke me from my slumber at 6:30 AM today; for I had a breakfast date with Lindsay at 7:30. And for those of you who are reading this and wondering, "What the heck were they thinking?!", you should know that Linds just so happens to be helping with Arts Camp; otherwise we wouldn't have made plans so crazy early. She got a little lost on the way there... but that's alright, haha. We enjoyed our Starbucks and just chitchatted until our little hearts were content. However, we were a little distracted by the women that were at the table next to ours. They kept singing these little tunes and making very odd noises with hand motions. Just take my word for it, it was strange, haha. Unfortunately, Lindsay had to leave a little before 9 to get to church on time; which left me with an entire day stretched before me. I went to Walmart in search of sweatpants, and they had none. Fail. But, of course, Target never fails me! I found sweatpants, a security wallet thing, and a book :) Then I went home for a little while to just chill before being invited out to lunch with Sam and Addie. It's been a while since I've really talked and caught up with them, so that was really good. And after spending some time on my computer at home, I ventured up to WEAG for a little {just for fun} dance/choreo sesh with Heather and Ellory; twas fun! I'll admit, I'm a much better "dancer" than a "choreographer" (Choreographing can make me somewhat anxious.) but I really had a good time being in that creative atmosphere and even playing around a bit :)

{Exhibit A, haha. Photo cred: Ellory}

But yes, I had a marvelous time with these two lovely girls. Happiness? Yes, yes, yes :) We took our leave around 5:45. I was just going to hang out at church until 1822, but my phone was dying. Thus, I drove all the way back home. Once there, I plugged in my phone, changed my shorts, tried to make myself look somewhat decent, and then was on my merry way back to church. I made it back by 7:15; plenty of time to eat pizza, get some Pepsi, and socialize. Matt was there tonight! It was so nice to see him; even if he had to be in a wheelchair. It's just good to see him on the path to recovery, and not lying in a hospital bed. You know? 1822 was really good tonight! The worship was amazing(!), and I could really relate to the topic Scoob's sermon; which made focusing very easy to do. Afterwards, Kathryn and I went to McDonald's for a smoothie and some sweet tea, and we actually ended up talking in there for at least an hour; the way things were, the way things are, the way things could have been, the things we don't understand... I really do enjoy talking to Kathryn. I feel like we are emotionally similar; even if we share different viewpoints. And neither of us are afraid to share exactly what's on our minds or how we really feel. There's never really a need to water anything down, because we both just get it. Thank you, Kathryn, for being the incredible friend that you are :) I love you very dearly :) Then, after I took Kat back to her car at church, I had to drive home in this terrible storm. I was very literally frightened. The visibility levels were like a 2 on the 1-10 scale because of the mass amount of water pouring from the clouds. The wind was blowing rather fiercely. Lightening was flashing everywhere like a strobe light. And then, right as I pulled into my cul-de-sac, this bolt of lightening came down like right behind my neighbor's house. Ahhh! So once I was in my driveway and my car was off, I waited until after the next lightening strike to run to my front porch. I legitimately thought I might get struck by lightening... But alas, here I am same and warm in my bed. And so, my dears, I bid thee farewell and goodnight :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment