Friday, July 30, 2010

I got my power back!

Thank God! It was out for over five hours! But anyways...

I got up early today to get my test results from the doctor, and I don't have a foreign disease. Yay! Haha, I could have told them that, but it's whatevskies. I got home around 10 and decided to try relaxing; which is practically am alien pastime for me. I sat down with my cereal, opened facebook, and decided to catch up on the episodes of True Blood that I had missed. Apparently, though, my household and I weren't on the same page. Nugget wouldn't stop barking, my mom kept trying to initiate conversation, the house phone rang a few times, and my sister kept texting me and made me search practically every bedroom to find this shirt she was looking for. Ugh! I know they didn't intend to disrupt my chill time, but it was slightly frustrating. At any rate, I left around 2 to pick up these two little girls named Grace and Emily {family friends} for some quality hangout time. I do love them. It's been truly crazy seeing them grow up so fast! I took them to the pool for a few hours before taking them out to dinner. We didn't set out for the restaurant until after the storm passed, because let me tell you it was pretty bad. My house lost power and the traffic lights near Innsbrook still aren't working! But anyways, after I dropped the two of them off with their mom, I drove out to the south side so that I could hitch a ride with the Tobey's to the J Roddy show down at the Canal Club. They were so good! I made me just want to jump up and down and throw my hair around in crazy directions, haha! I love hearing new artist's for the first time and liking them right off the bat. It makes me happy :)
Let me tell you what else brings me happiness: seeing Joni and our other youth leaders jump and dance around like crazy people. I absolutely love it! After the show, we were transported back to Heather's humble abode; where I stayed and talked to her until 1 AM {when she kicked me out, haha}. I am so glad that I could be welcomed home to the sweet sight of light coming through our windows. I was so afraid that I was going to have to shower in the dark, haha. But alas, her I sit with the TV on as well as my lamp. Happy day :) I would say today's been a good one; even if it was a tad long. Before I go, though, I want to pose a question... Do you think that children know too much? In terms of mature topics and happenings in pop culture and whatnot? After spending the day with Grace and Emily, I wonder how on earth these kids knew some of the things they knew; things that I weren't really aware of/exposed to until middle school or later. How did that happen? Who taught these traits and information bits to children as young as first graders? Fighting, slanders, sex references; it really is too much. Just something that was kind of bothering me.... Goodnight.

1 comments:

Heather Tobey said...

Yes, children know entirely too much. They lose their innocence when they are eight years old and talking about what friends did it with who and what they want to try next. I'm like, "Good Lord! I was home schooled and everything, but I seriously doubt that I would have turned out like that as a child!" It disgusts me to be frank.

Post a Comment