Monday, July 12, 2010

No. 111

Call me a bum, but I despise greeting the world earlier than 7 AM; which is what I did this morning after less than five hours of sleep. I woke up around 6:55 because I had to be at church by 7:45. Unfortunately, I had to dance in the sanctuary service. This early rising/lack of sleep would take its toll later, but I haven't gotten there yet... Anyways, once we were done dancing, Annemarie and I went to her favorite Starbucks downtown to hangout before third service. Twas a lovely Starbucks indeed! I had never been to that location before, but I really liked the vibe. Then, once we got back to church and the worship was all said and done, my body started to shut down. Yes, I fell asleep in church for the first time ever, but I kept waking up whenever my head would lull towards Annemarie, haha. It's because of this little dozing fest that Heather no longer believes that I require no sleep. Womp, womp... But, continuing on, we had a Brazil meeting after service {5 days!}; which was followed by a lovely lunch date at Sticky Rice with Annemarie and Heather :) I had never been before, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. We shared some edamame and enjoyed sushi and a dirty vegan. (Haha, that sounds funny.) As to be expected, we fought over who paid for what. I won; duh :) But that's beside the point... After Heather brought us back to our cars, I went home for a two-hour nap before going over to my dad's for dinner. I tried sleeping at his house too, but I couldn't tune out the sound of the race playing on the TV, so that was a fail. Cindy came over for dinner; which is always a pleasant surprise. I do love her; she is too sweet. I wish I could say my father was just as nice. He made it a point to comment on my sore muscles by saying, "Well it didn't take you long to get out of dance shape did it?" The first time, I kind of laughed it off. The second time he said it... actually kind of made me want to hit him. Maybe he's insinuating something, maybe it's because he wasn't sober. Regardless, the remarks were NOT appreciated, but I try not to dwell on things like that. I left his house around 8 so that I could be at Elsbeth's by 8:30 so that her, Kathryn, and myself could partake in 7/11 free slurpee festivities. We hit up three locations where we successfully got free frozen treats :) We had these two groups that were basically following us, and this awesome Asian boy was friendly enough to say hello; which made me happy :) After we were all full of slurpees and on our way to belly aches, we went over to Elizabeth's to hang out with her and Kim (later joined by Colin). Elizabeth dyed her hair tips blue, and Kim dyed her's purple (forgetting that she has to take her senior pictures in a week, haha!). Everyone then proceeded to tie-dye various items of clothing; tee shirts, shorts, and even a sports bra, haha. Kim's hands were covered in red dye, so it pretty much looked like she'd killed someone. Oh... And then (!!!) I picked up Emily Collins and Chandler to join Elizabeth, Carlton, Kathryn, Kim, and I on a 1 AM Waffle House trip! We pretty much had the coolest waiter ever. his name was Garry. He thought we were pretty crazy; both because of our volume and because almost all of us ordered a chocolate chip waffle, haha. I myself had a chocolate chip waffle and a hashbrown. Ha, so not good for you, but so delicious at the same time. And now, for the duration of the evening, I shall be slumbering at casa de Elizabeth. Goodnight my lovelies! Pleasant dreams :)

{Happy 7/11 Day!}

0 comments:

Post a Comment