Tuesday, May 29, 2012

When I get older, I want a pet duck.

I mean, imagine just sitting on your sofa watching TV with a duck in your lap! (Miranda and I had a conversation along these lines for about 10 minutes. So great!)

I spent my Memorial Day afternoon hanging out with one of my dearest high school girls, Miranda :)

Cheesin!!

We had a picnic lunch by the lake at Deep Run Park, and afterwards we walked around to the swing set. Yes, we are 4 :) We sang, swung, and practiced our duck calls so that a flock of our friends would come visit us :)

(Sometimes my camera quality astounds me!)

Also, we saw this huge blue herring looking bird on our way to the car, and it had a decent-sized catfish flopping around in it's mouth!

We tried to get closer, but he flew away...

That poor fish... Well, I suppose birds need their lunch too, right? It was just crazy! Big bird. Big fish. Big spectacle.

I spent the rest of my afternoon watching the "Nathan & Haley, Always & Forever" One Tree Hill marathon with Jennifer until it came dinner time. I drove over to padre's, where I talked to my neighbor, Sue for about half and hour. While we were catching up, the adorable little girl who now lives on the other side of my dad came up and joined our conversation. Her name is Elise, and she is cute as a button! At only five years old, she is so well spoken, and quite theatric as well :)

Eventually, though, I did go inside my dad's house so we could get dinner. Actually, his girlfriend, Cindy, joined us. We enjoyed some Plaza Azteca, and it was pretty good! I finally got to try their guacamole I've heard so much about!

All fresh ingredients, and prepared right in front of you!

Pretty tasty, if I do say so myself :) We followed that up with a trip to Sweet Frog and watching Contraband at the house. All in all, the evening went well. I wasn't sure how awkward it would be officially meeting Cindy, but it wasn't too bad, really. She's a nice woman, so I can't issue any complaints.

In other news, I only have 3 days until SAO Convention! At this moment, I really can't wait to get out of town for a bit. I just have a lot weighing on my heart, and it will be nice to separate myself from it a little bit. I'll get there soon :) For now, I'm going to spend some time with Jesus before going to sleep. Goodnight, loves!

0 comments:

Post a Comment