Sunday, May 13, 2012

"We are so crusty."

Just one of many one-liner quotes I could mention to reminisce on the loveliness that was this week :) For those who do not know, I spent the week in Corolla, NC with 15 of my beautiful sorority sisters! It was so fun and an excellent opportunity to relax with zero obligations. I needed this beach-week, for real! I'll try not to bore you; let me just mention some highlights/funnies.

Our house was splendid!


 We were able to dine family-style!

Our gorgeous living room! We all spent a great deal of time fellowshiping together in here :)

Hot tub area! I hit that thing up on the daily!

The pool, however, was SO cold! I didn't go swimming in there even once.

We were ocean-front!

The view from our balcony!


This is about as far in as I got. The ocean water wasn't much in the way of warm, but I still enjoyed it :)

There were crabs everywhere! And you may not be able to tell from this picture, but this guy was quite large!


Hannah could not handle it when I told her the news about Thomas Kinkaide. HAHA! It's only funny because of her reaction.


By Tuesday, I was at lobster status. I suppose that's what I get for not wearing sunscreen right off the bat....

It later turned to tan! And peeling....

Ginger, Lauren, and I had the misfortune of formulat
ing/being the sole memberd of the "RC club." Yep... that stands for "red cleavage." Ouch. But hey, at least I protected my face, right?

I know... I bring this embarrassment upon myself. Haha!

Taylor accidentally put Dawn in the dish washer. Haha! Poor thing...

Scoop out the suds! Mop up the flood!

The upstairs toilet overflowed and proceeded to leak through the ceiling in my bedroom... Woops!

I know you wouldn't be able to tell from Taylor's expression, but this whole scenario was kind of hysterical.

Eating 1) half of the "puppy chow" supply before dinner on the first day, 2) eating an entire large container of cheese balls in less than five hours' time, 3) having three tacos and two large brownies for dinner on my birthday, and 4) eating four sloppy joe's for dinner the last night....


In the words of Holly, "Fatness Katniss!" HAHAHA!

Also on that food note, after finishing the oranges Leslie cut up for us five minutes after they were brought out, we asked, "How many oranges was that?" Leslie's response: "The whole bag." Wait, what?! We are ravenous, truly.

This meme became part of everyday conversation:


Hannah (little), Beth, and Steph got me a hermit crab for my 20th birthday on Tuesday!!!

His name is Paolo! Yes, like in the Lizzie McGuire movie :)

Rachel and Taylor made me special pancakes for my birthday :)

"S," heart, and Mickey Mouse-haped pancakes!

Hannah-squared made me birthday brownies with peanut butter and nutella drizzled all over them, but I forgot to get a picture! But trust me when I say that they were DELICIOUS!

I found mustache mood rings at the shops we went to! I got one for me and one for my little :)


I could go on forever about all of the funny moments, crazy happenings, and enjoyable moments that I experienced this weeks. But I have a feeling it's mostly a "you had to be there thing." And, beyond that, I doubt you would want to sit here and read my ramble. But in closing, I just want to reiterate how thankful I am to have such amazing sisters. They are all so dear to me, and it was hard to say goodbye to them today. For even though I will be seeing some in three months, Jenn and Jenna have graduated, and I do not know when the next time is that I will be able to see them. Even my little Brandi made me tear up, just because she will be back in California for Summer    oh so very far away. Though my goodbyes were emotional, I was/am so happy to say that I am walking away from this week with the fondest of memories :)

Guys, we're a Christian fellowship ;)

Goodnight my loves! Tomorrow officially marks my re-entrance into reality!

0 comments:

Post a Comment