Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Unemployed and 1822.

Well, as of today I remain unemployed for the Summer. I'm trying really hard not to get discouraged, but I know that time is ticking away. And now, more than ever, time really is money. Money for future rent, money for gas, money for food. I can't afford to not have a job, and it's needless to say that I'm starting to really worry. I need to trust, though, that God is going to provide for me. I'm trying    truly I am.

On a separate note, I am so thankful for my friends. Truly, every day I am reminded of how blessed I am. Even the simplest means of time spent together fosters growing love and appreciation. Heather and I had a boba date today :) Sitting outside, sipping on slushy beverages, chewing tapioca pearls, and talking about life just put me in a place of calm. I love my Heavs and I love our dates :) And this is jumping ahead a bit, but it's okay... After 1822 tonight, Mac, Justin, and myself stood in front of the church talking until 1 AM. I would have never guessed that three hours' time had elapsed, but surely enough it did. And we spent it talking about faith, intern experiences, and life stories in general. In some respects, it was a quality heart-to-heart conversation :) And for those who don't know, I love that!

I won't regurgitate Jeremy's sermon from 1822 tonight, but I will spout the gist because I really was impacted by the messages: Live your life in a way that respects and shows loves towards others so that you may not be their stumbling block in their walk with Christ; rather than flaunt your flaws, foster righteousness, peace, and joy that is of God.


"13 Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister. 14 I am convinced, being fully persuaded in the Lord Jesus, that nothing is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for that person it is unclean. 15 If your brother or sister is distressed because of what you eat, you are no longer acting in love. Do not by your eating destroy someone for whom Christ died. 16 Therefore do not let what you know is good be spoken of as evil. 17 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, 18 because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and receives human approval.
19 Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification. 20 Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean, but it is wrong for a person to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble. 21 It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother or sister to fall.
22 So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who does not condemn himself by what he approves. 23 But whoever has doubts is condemned if they eat, because their eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin."
{Romans 14:13-23}



"12 When you sin against your brothers in this way and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ. 13 Therefore, if what I eat causes my brother to fall into sin, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause him to fall."
{1 Corinthians 8:12-13}


If we are to encourage growth and strengthening in our brothers and sisters, than our focus must be to build them up. Do not perform acts or behaviors that you know could cause someone to doubt or question their faith. Know where they stand, and acknowledge what you must do to encourage deeper relationship with God.







Goodnight my loves!

0 comments:

Post a Comment