Tuesday, May 15, 2012

At what point

does something become obligatory? And when that shift occurs, how is your attitude altered? Obligations are something I both fear and dislike; and while the two may seem to coincide in reasoning, the perspectives vary distinctly. Admittedly, I am afraid of waning to the point of merely being an obligation to someone. Put another way, I have a constant insecurity that my relationships, in some circumstances, are only reciprocated out of pity or to prevent upset. This, in large part, stems from my fear of rejection    a fear that I once abandoned to God and need to do so again. Funny, how these things run in cycles. If I could mold the world to fit an ideal image, it would include the riddance of the sense of obligation. Rather, I would prefer everyone act and behave out of love, desire, and passion. A desire to help others. The love for a friend. Being passionate about a cause. Desiring to see a change. Loving our neighbor. Embracing the passion of our Father, and living accordingly. There's a differing aura of heart there    one in which joy is mutual and light is radiated. And while it is seemingly impractical, it is a hope. Were we not created to love and be loved? I wish to neither be an obligation or treat others as such, and with a renewed heart perhaps I can take a step in the right direction. But then again, who am I to judge which direction is correct? Luckily for me, I know someone who does, and He is infallible. Praise be to Him in advance :)

Run-down:

  • DMV for the driving record.
  • Bank trip.
  • Once Upon a Time finale.
    • SO crazy! Cannot handle!
  • Nap.
  • Sailor Moon sesh at Kelly's
  • Dance rehearsal for Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego.
    • Last-minute WEAG chaos, FTW!
  • Dinner with padre and seester.
  • Cap Ale hangage with Heavs, Preston, and crew!
    • Made some new friends! David and Sam, namely.
      • Not bad for my first week back, huh? Haha.
    • It was fun, and I was thankful to have been included :)

Goodnight friends!

0 comments:

Post a Comment