Saturday, February 4, 2012

Yoga, Hip Hop, and Edgar Allan Poe.

Hello loves! Well, as some of you may know, I do not have any academic classes on Fridays :) It's lovely, it truly is. But instead of rotting away in my room trying to to homework, I tend to find fun ways to spend this lovely end to the week/start to the weekend. Today was no exception, and I started with a yoga class taught by my darling Brandi! I love taking her class; it's both relaxing and strengthening :) Plus, it makes me very happy that I get to see her :)

Then, after stopping by Wilson to awkwardly be recorded by Stephanie (it's me that's awkward, not the recording part, haha), I went and got lunch before venturing over to TDU. It turned into a group date with Ginger, Brittany, and Kirsten. Good times indeed :) Then, it was time for Taylor, Kirsten, Brittany, and I to take our hip hop class! Bahh! It was fun, but so exhausting! I do not know how Russell was able to keep that up the whole time... It's craziness. But we all left feeling very satisfied and in agreement that we had just received a sufficient workout. Good stuff my friends, good stuff. We concluded our UREC session with a little smoothie date before heading off to our dinner destinations.

I had dinner with my small group, but I was only at large group for the first worship set because one of my lovely sisters, Rachel, was in a play tonight called “The Long, Horrible Trip of Edgar Allan Poe!” Basically, the play played with the theme of manipulation and incorporated four of Poe's writings (The Fall of the House of Usher, The Cask of Amontillado, The Raven, and The Tell Tale Heart) in the depiction of his utter insanity. It was both eerie and intense, and Rachel did such an amazing job! Not only that, but she had no idea that any of us (Brandi, Hannah, Nicole, Rachel, and I) were even going, so she was very pleasantly surprised! And I loved the talkback session at the end, because it gave a intriguing look into the creative process. One of the things that piqued my interest the most was that there were elements of improvisation, on the actors' part, when putting it all together, and I just find that extremely cool! Not only does you cast get to truly be a part of the artistic quality and vision, but they have that experience of working and collaborating together on an organic level. Maybe I'm weird, but I really liked it! Haha.

Follow all of this up with a movie night in Rachel and Nicole's room, and you have read all about my day! (In case anyone was curious, we watched Crazy Stupid Love; haha.) Needless to say, I kept pretty busy :) Unfortunately, for the rest of my weekend, I need to be very productive. Improv journals, a peer-reviewed journal article critique paper, and the study guide for my psyc test on tuesday.... Yikes. I need to buckle down (which is not something I'm very good at). Wish me luck, loves! Goodnight :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment