Thursday, February 16, 2012

I put the "pro" in "procrastination."

At least, I'm hoping that I do. I have two tests in the morning that I didn't start studying for until 9 PM tonight. Ugh boots! But anyways, let's not dwell on that...

My dance classes went really well today! I learned how to retrograde a shoulder roll (something I've never tried before), and my improv class just made us all totally zen. I got to see Daisy, on of my professors from Spring 2011 semester, today! She is so sweet :) She was so excited to see me, and I was also very happy to see her! We caught up on how our semesters were going, and just got to chat for a little while. I am very grateful that she is willing to fill out a recommendation for me (to get into the Social Work major). Her kindness simply abounds! After grabbing some lunch and taking a short nap in TDU, it was off to work. Friends, I do not like my job. At all. Yes, I am thankful for the income, but that is the only reason I stay. I do not handle monotony or disorganization well, and I encounter a fair amount of both at Market One. Needless to say, I was very happy when I got off. In light of my tests, I was considering skipping small group tonight, but I am so glad that I went! We talked about how to truly love others :)

"12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."
{John 15:12-13}
(This may be my new favorite scripture passage!)

At the end, we wrote each other little "valentines" to each other that expressed words of encouragement and love for one another :) Those little notes warmed my heart, and in turn gave me such a peace. It's truly amazing how comforting kind words can be!

Lauren and I had a study date for a while to prep for our GSCI 101 class, and I'd say it was productive! Coming back to my room to study for SOWK... I don't really know. The problem is that everything seems like common sense! Well, I guess we'll just see how things go in the morning! As for now, I'm going to read my Bible and get some sleep. Goodnight all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment