Sunday, February 5, 2012

Brandi, Love146, and Scrabble :)

Well, I wasn't as productive today as I should have been, but at least I had a lovely time :)

I got brunch with Jenn today :) It was her first time having E-hall brunch in quite some time, so that was a treat! I love that girl :) Then, after working on my journal critique for a little bit, Brandi and I went to Earth & Tea for a for a little rendez-vous!
I got "rose of the orient" (because they were out of "divine temple"), and she got "masala chai." Mine was good, but Brandi's was absolutely wonderful! It literally smelled like a snickerdoodle. But yes, we lounged there and talked for about two hours before it was time for RISE's Restore Love kickoff, which featured Lamont Hiebert, one of the co-founders of Love146! (He's also a musician.)



{These are two of his songs: "Fragile" and "Over the Room." Only "Fragile" has an official music video, which is why I hid the other one. (It was a slideshow someone had put together.)}

Lamont was such a great speaker, and I loved that he addressed the face of trafficking both abroad and domestically. I introduced myself to him following the event, and he was extremely kind and rather encouraging. I'm definitely getting the feeling that I will need my master's degree if I decide to become involved with the Love146 organization, but he wished me all the best of luck, and I really did appreciate that :)

Brandi and I decided that we were craving sushi, so for dinner we indulged! But we did our research/browsing. Yes, we are sushi snobs. ($nobs!) Haha! We went to one restaurant, checked out their menu, then left and went to another restraunt. They had a similar menu, so we just decided to eat there. Haha. Follow that up with a trip to Martin's for some gluten free brownie mix, and you have successfully followed Brandi and I's "journey though meal time," haha :)

Not long after getting back to the Fishbowl, Hannah, Holly (Hannah's sister), and her mom got to the house as well! Jenn came over shortly after, and we all enjoyed a night of food, conversation, and games! Specifically, we played Scrabble and Catchphrase :) Jenn an dI were on a team for Scrabble, and we kicked butt! Haha. At one point, we had the greatest combinations of letters, and it led to this photo opp....
HAHAHA! Jenn and I died laughing! We had to wait until the end of the game to show this picture to everyone, but they all agreed it was priceless :) My favorite part of the night may have been meeting Holly; she is, in all seriousness, Hannah 2.0 with almost double the sass! She is too funny. Jenn and I could not handle it. By the time I got back to my room, it was after midnight. And now I am sitting here too tired to do any work, so I am going to read the Word and go to sleep. Before I depart, though, here is an intriguing picture I stumbled across:
It's thought provoking, if nothing else. Goodnight loves!

0 comments:

Post a Comment