Friday, February 24, 2012

Perfect Day.



This song has been on repeat essentially all day, and, aside from the general feel-good emotion it stirs in me, it made me think. No, today was not the epitome of days. There were no epic happenings or moments of extreme jubilance. In 2 years I may not remember a thing about today. No, today was not "perfect" in that sort of perspective. However, doesn't God make every day perfect? He created everything in his perfect image {Genesis 1:27}. His timing is perfect {Ecclesiastes 3:1}. He has a set a course for each of His children so that they may fulfill His perfect plans {Jeremiah 29:11}. Therefore, is each day not truly perfect in His sight? My point is this, today was a perfect work of God; everyday is whether we recognize it or not. And that same feel-good emotion I got from this up-beat song should be instilled in my heart from the mere thought of the work my Father is performing daily, both in my life and the lives of my brothers and sisters. So praise God for every perfect day, even those that the world may not deem as being "significant" :)

"This is the day the LORD has made; 
   let us rejoice and be glad in it."

{Psalm 118:24}

Some little joys from today:

  • My social work class was canceled this morning! Thus, I got an extra hour of sleep!
  • I got to catch up with Arijana over lunch. That girl is so funny and sweet :)
  • My little sister has maintained a 4.4 GPA and is ranked 31 in her class! I am SO proud of her :)
  • I decided to start executing my plan to drink more water by purchasing a Camelbak with my dining dollars. I've heard that owning one and carrying it with you makes you more prone to drink water, and, if I'm being honest, my hydration level sucks. I drank one whole bottle (0.75 liters) already tonight! Maybe this will work!
  • I had a decent time at work tonight once everyone got there! It really is about the people, I'm coming to realize. That, and I got to see quite a few friends! That always makes me happy :)
  • I watched Legally Blonde (well, most of it) via YouTube tonight! That movie puts me in a great mood :) I'm definitely bringing the VHS back to school with me!

As of tomorrow, I will be on Joint Retreat for the weekend with 1822! This means no blog posts until either Sunday night or Monday. I hope you all have a marvelous weekend! Goodnight, and goodbye for now :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment