Monday, February 20, 2012

Snow-dusted Sunday

This morning, Lydia and Kelly accompanied me to RISE for church, where we also sat with Hannah (Little), Renee, Brandi, Courtney, Lauren, and Hannah :) It was a happy morning indeed. And, to make it even better, Lydia, Kelly, Courtney, Hannah, Brandi, Lauren, Kirsten, and I all got brunch together! Talk about heart happiness :) Then, as promised, I took Kelly and Lydia to the Outpost to look at teeshirts and whatnot. I am happy to report that Kelly purchased her own long-sleeve JMU shirt, and she is currently wearing it as she sleeps :) Too cute!

We spent the rest of the afternoon semi-vegging and anticipating snow (which didn't come until much later). We ended up chit-chatting, laying around, and watching YouTube videos for about an hour, haha. Then, at 6, we ventured over to Festival to grab some dinner, which we enjoyed with Kirsten :) I had to leave Kelly and Lydia for a few hours for my sorority's business meeting/prayer night, but they definitely managed alright!

Prayer night was a lovely experience, truly. I love my sisters, and I love any opportunity to spend time/pray/be vulnerable with them. The theme was centered on God being our Knight in shining armor, which challenged us to consider the love God has for us, the love we have for Him, and the care in which He is putting in to planning our future lives of love. Put in that sort of perspective, I really for a moment felt like I was special in God's sight. I don't mean comparatively to others     just special, you know? Sometimes I fret that I am better at loving others than I am at loving God, and I condemn myself for it. But in that prayerful time of reflection, I realized that I could not love these amazing people in my life without having received God's love first and having that as my model. Loving Him has taught me how to love others as He has called all of us to do. Do I falter? Of course. There are moments when I realize that I have disgraced my Father through my words/actions, and I bear shame in that. But even in that, God lifts me up and pours himself out to me. Knowing that I do not deserve that, I cannot help but to love Him all the more! On top of being the Creator of all things, the Truth, the Light of the world, Father of us all, and our Savior.... He is the one person (I use that word loosely) that loves us enough to never, under any circumstance, leave us. His love is constant, omnipresent, and pure. I have taken note of the ways in which my relationship with God has transformed my heart, and I cannot imagine not loving Him whole-heartedly. And some day, He will put a man in my life that not only loves Jesus, but treasures Him above all else (myself included). Not only that, but he will be a man that will see God's presence in my heart, and not be able to truly love or know me otherwise. Truly I say, God is my Knight in shining armor. No provision, love, or care surpasses His :)

Goodnight loves :)

P.S.- The snow storm almost completely neglected Harrisonburg. We got flurries for about two hours, and that was about it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment