Thursday, February 23, 2012

SIMBAAAA!

Dear friends, meet Simba:



This adorable little feline has become a regular visitor to the Fishbowl    whether it be for food, shelter from the elements, or some TLC (tender love and care, for those who may not have known what that stood for). Although he apparently has another owner, Simba has essentially been adopted by my lovely sisters, and it always makes me smile to see how happy he makes them (and how happy they are to see him happy). Sorry, that was a lot of "happy"s.....

I was challenged to write about something inspiring relating to this little guy, and after a bit of pondering I think I have selected a stream of thought to go with. Surprisingly enough, I discovered a parallel between Simba and myself. Even though he technically has another owner, Simba constantly comes over to the Fishbowl in search of things that he is lacking    to meet his needs, if you will. He finds fulfillment outside of the home that he grew up in. I find that this isn't much different from myself. Yes, I have a home and a family. Yes, they provide me with what I need to an extent, However, I have found fulfillment (in the earthly sense) elsewhere, and that is with my church family at home and my sorority/small group here at school. They are the ones who lift my up spiritually, care for me emotionally, and give me constant and unconditional support. Broadening this scope even further, this concept can be applied to the church at large. This earth, as of now, is our "home;" it is the place we inhabit and live. However, our mind, body, heart, and spirit belong to God, and Him alone, and our true home is with Him.

"But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ[.]"
{Philippians 3:20}

What is deemed our physical "home" does not restrict where our true heart and selves reside. Where there is love, home can be found :) Simba has discovered that! And hope that we all can, too :)

In closing, I love these girls with all of my heart:


They bring so much joy to my heart, and the love they have for one another touches me very deeply. They are some of the greatest sisters I could have ever asked for, and I cannot wait to be living with them next year :) Goodnight loves!

P.S.- You should follow Simba on Twitter (@simbalovin4life)! No really, he tweets..... :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment