Friday, February 17, 2012

Jealousy.

I'm going to have another blatantly honest moment with all of you. I am an extremely jealous individual. By this, I do not mean that I envy the things that other people own or even their living situations. (I have learned to see the value in my past and present life scenarios.) My jealousy is rooted in time. Specifically, I am extremely jealous of the time my friends spend with people who are not me. That is incredibly selfish, I realize, which is why I suppress these feelings when they crop up and replace them with more rational ones. That sort of thing takes a lot of work on my end, though, because those emotions are so prevalent when they are present. In no way do I expect my friends to have to hang out with me every second of every day, nor to I feel entitled to their constant attention. I think this situation stems from my severe dislike of being alone. When I find myself in a situation with nothing to do, I immediately seek out my friends. And if for some reason they're out doing something else with someone else, a seed of disappointment settles in, and eventually that jealousy ensues. Again, I know that this is not rational, and this certainly is not a quality of myself that I find attractive, but I've been wanting to splurge about it for a while. I am really trying to work on this aspect of myself! It's another one of those self-accountability things, I suppose :)


And for the run-down!

  • SOWK exam.
    • Feel good about it! Still no results, though.
  • GSCI exam.
    • Thought I did really well, and then got a 71...
      • I think that's the lowest text/exam grade of my college career... I was just a little upset.
  • TDU chillin!
    • Saw some sisters!
    • Caught up on Once Upon a Time :)
  • Work.
    • We were SLAMMED tonight, and I had to work for almost an hour completely by myself    running the sandwich and pasta bowl station , rush included.
      • Insert stress here.
      • I don't think I've ever been more thankful for my fellow workers, as much as I was around 5 PM tonight when more people came in for their shifts!
  • Love Packs via RISE for National Service Week!
    • We helped pack 15(?) backpacks with food (enough for 5ish meals) to send home with local children who may not have food to eat otherwise this weekend.
    • We also made cards for each kid, too!
  • Hung out at Steph's apartment for a bit :)
    • Homework was done (well, on my end at least).
    • Tea time for me. Candy time for both of us.
    • Wonderful time to just lounge on the sofa and talk :)

I'm really looking forward to this weekend! Lydia and Kelly are coming to visit, and Jennifer is coming up on Monday! It's going to be a party at JMU! So stoked :)

Goodnight loves!

0 comments:

Post a Comment