Monday, February 27, 2012

Right thoughts do not produce right action.

Right relationships produce right action.

This weekend, I had the extreme pleasure of going on Joint Retreat, and it truly was wonderful. Not only did I have the opportunity to see and spend time with some of my dearest friends, but I also experienced a connection with God that left me truly at peace. Though I am still challenging myself to actively speak out about my faith and really share it with those I love, I feel more confident in my ability to do so. I know what I believe, and I know what my hope and faith are rooted in. Through my relationships with others I will share my hope in Jesus Christ     knowing that it is the ultimate Truth and holds infinite power to transform lives. I left knowing that I, as a vessel, need to open myself up to be used as such by God, and not "punk out" out of fear of rejection or ridicule. God will work as promised; He will come through. His hand is mighty, in a capacity that far exceeds my own. My faith can, and should, find rest in that.

"I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, 
   along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; 
I will turn the darkness into light before them 
   and make the rough places smooth. 
These are the things I will do; 
   I will not forsake them."

{Isaiah 42:16}


"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect."
{1 Peter 3:15}


"18 Then Jesus came to them and said, 'All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.'"
{Matthew 28:18-19}elf u

This song was our jam this weekend :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment