Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Once upon a time,

there was a girl names Stephanie that wanted to go to sleep before midnight. However, the fire alarm went off within 30 seconds of her being in the shower, and she was forced to jump out, throw on clothes, and evacuate the building. After standing outside in the cold (with wet hair) for over 10 minutes, Stephanie was forced to go inside of the neighboring dorm to wait until she could re-enter her own. She and her roommate sat in Shenandoah for almost an hour. While there, they overheard that the cause of fire was a boy who was under the influence of shrooms and somehow set fire to the lounge on their floor... Rough. She was not able to re-enter her dorm/shower until after 12:30, add it was a sad time. (And by sad I mean frustrating.)

(Okay, I'm done talking in third person now. And I'm going to move on to other things.)

We didn't really dance much in my modern class, but my improv class was awesome! We had to create site-specific clusters again, but this time we just got to play :) I think I mentioned this before, but I love being partnered with guys. They aren't intimidated or self-conscious about moving, sharing weight, or making physical contact with you. There is less of a barrier to cut through, and it just makes things easier. My first partner and I ended up moving in a way that was very much so playful (and slightly flirtatious), but not in a way that was awkward or anything of the sort. That was just how our dancing evolved, and it was an incredible experience! Bahhh! I love improv :)

I spent the rest of the day with my lovely SAO sisters :) I vegged in TDU for quite some time with Jenn, Hannah, Beth, Nancy, Kirsten, and Brittany. Then, at 3, we had our PR meeting there. It took a little while, but we ended up being productive! As for dinner, I had the pleasure of be accompanied by Steph :) Then, as part of our National Service Week, we went to help make Valentine's Day cards for soldiers in Afghanistan. They will be belated in their arrival, but I hope they still feel loved nonetheless! Ginger had to wait quite some time for the cards with glitter paint to dry, so I stayed with her and we ended up talking about our lives with each other. In several aspects, we float in the same boat, which is something I didn't really realize until tonight. That being said, I'm going to schedule a lunch date with her soon! Oh yeah :)

And, from the beginning of this post, you all know how the rest of my night went.... At any rate, goodnight loves! Sleep well!

0 comments:

Post a Comment