Monday, July 2, 2012

Recap and Olympians :)

Friday (June 29th)

  • Work.
  • No Man's Land screening at church!
    • I cannot believe it's been two-and-a-half years since I was in GCN... Crazy!
  • Momentary hangout on Preston's front porch.
  • Storm= Brief shelter seekage at Geoff's!

Saturday (June 30th)

  • Grocery shopping.
    • I got, and found out that I like, almond milk! Huzzah!
  • Watched the U.S. Olympic trials for Men's Gymnastics :)
  • After the storm died down... Kathryn's birthday party!

Today, Sunday (July 1st)

  • Church!
    • Micah is back! I didn't realize how much I missed his preaching!
  • Lunch hangout at Chipotle.
  • Nap time.
  • Dinner and chillage with padre :)
  • Watched U.S. Olympic trials for Women's Gymnastics with Juliana and Kailey :)

Okay y'all, so most of you may not know this, but I love watching Olympic Gymnastics. I don't like to miss a single moment of anything when it's on, and I probably take it more seriously than I should. Haha. But, I am SO happy with our U.S. team going to London this year! Here are our guys!

 Jonathan Horton,  John Orozco, Sam Mikulak, Jake Dalton, and Danell Leyva!
(Orozco being my personal favorite!)


And our girls! (This I am extremely excited about!)

Gabrielle Douglas, Aly Raisman, McKayla Maroney, Jordyn Wieber, and Kyla Ross!
(Gabby Douglas being my new favorite, I believe!)
(But I definitely do love Maroney's intensity!)


The replacement/alternate gymnasts for the U.S. team are Sarah Finnegan, Anna Li, and Elizabeth Price for the women. And for the men, we have Chris Brooks, Steven Legendre and Alexander Naddour. Here's everyone together!

(Photo sources 1 and 2)

Y'all, I am seeing GOLD in our future! Eeeeep! And I also just want to take a moment to say how excited I am that Sarah Finnegan is an alternate! That little girl is an excellent gymnast, and I love her as a beamer! Just take a look, and please note the low-level spin on the mount. It's phenomenal!


And I'll stop my rant now :) Goodnight all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment