Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Hmm...

Let me start by saying that youth group was wonderful tonight :) I got to lead prayer time tonight, and aside from my voice embarrassingly cracking under nerves, I think I did alright. One of my girls came up to me and said, "Thank you for the prayer! I'm not used to seeing you so serious and spiritual like that! You're always goofing off!" Hey now! Hahaha. I do goof off a lot, it's true. But hey, any that weren't sure can officially verify that I can be serious too :) I just couldn't help but laugh at that. Also, Shane's talk was good! It was about being thankful for friends:

"Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted. Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. If anyone thinks they are something when they are not, they deceive themselves. Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else, for each one should carry their own load. Nevertheless, the one who receives instruction in the word should share all good things with their instructor."
{Galatians 6:1-6}

"One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin,
    but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."

{Proverbs 18:24}

So, considering that Joni, Nikki, and John were not there to run the show, I'd say we did pretty darn well! Huzzah! A group of us went to Don pedro's afterwards, and boy did it ever remind me of our El Chap's days! I miss those.... Tonight was quite fun though :) Talking, laughing, throwing around sarcasm; I love it! Yay for youth leader bonding :)

**Abrupt shift in mood!**

Now, on a wayyyy different note with a not-so-cheery tone.... I saw this article pop up on my news feed when I got home, and it was in response to this article from a site called Skinny Gossip. In regards to the first linked article, I thank the author for their response. The ridiculousness of the hate article needed to be addressed. As for the Skinny Gossip post itself.... Let me just say, I have not been so appalled in a very long time; and I pray to God that my youth group girls never have to lay their eyes on this slander. As if it isn't hard enough to love the way you are in our society, we have forums like Skinny Girl that tear women down if they don't fit the site's definition of "thin." It's outrageous. And all I could think about when I saw it was that these girls agreeing with the e-bashing need a dose of Jesus     a dose of Truth. God made each of us, calling us a beautiful creation. In His eyes we are beautiful, and we are to see each other as such. That is the Truth, and all girls should know that.

"Stop judging by mere appearances, and make a right judgment."
{John 7:24}

"So God created man in his own image,
    in the image of God he created him;
    male and female he created them."

{Genesis 1:27}

All beautiful you are, my darling;
    there is no flaw in you."

{Song of Solomon 4:7}


"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well."

{Psalm 139:14}

0 comments:

Post a Comment