Friday, March 11, 2011

Look at the stars,

look how they shine for you...

As I was driving home tonight, I couldn't help but notice how lovely and vast the sky looked. The stars were shining bright and crystal clear, a view that was certainly better than what can be seen from my own driveway. It struck me as funny, though, that such a  lovely sight was to be seen over the interstate--a place where we speed past often without so much as a noticing glance. Isn't that how things often are, though? We're in such a rush to keep up with all of our commitments, that beautiful glimmers don't even register on our radar. The spark merely fades into an abyss of haze, neither missed nor remembered. I've been taught in school that most of what we sense is never stored into memory, that most of what we experience is discarded. The truth of that fact is saddening and apparent. More unfortunate, though, is the fact that we sit here and say "I am going to soak in all of the beauty that God has set before me," but when we try to do so, we realize that there is no time to be used to do so. The back-burner... I know I've forced its acquaintance with things that don't deserve it. At what point do we get to just take it all in, and let it be enough? I wish I could go back to that interstate right now and lay down there, staring up at the glistening lights shining above me. For a moment, I want to feel as though I am floating amongst them, their beams descending down upon me. But no, to lie in the middle of a such terrain is not feasible. Wouldn't it be lovely though? One day such worries will cease to exist. One day, we will be able to see and experience everything in its entirety :) On that day, we will dance and sing praises before our Father, for He will restore us. He is so good to us :)


"However, as it is written:
   'What no eye has seen,
   what no ear has heard,
and what no human mind has conceived'—
   the things God has prepared for those who love him—"
{1 Corinthians 2:9}


And the run-down:

  • Sweet Frog with Elsbeth :)
  • Home for some relaxation.
  • Dinner with my mom, Jenn, and Harry.
    • Harry cracks me up! I love him :)
  • Visit to see Grace and Emily.
    • I can't believe how much they've grown!
  • Movie night with Stephanie :)
    • Burlesque!

Goodnight precious loves. Sleep well :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment