Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Do you know what I love?

I really love doing things for others. I like doing something, anything, that will brighten up their day or put a smile on their face. I like to surprise them with a random act of kindness, just because I can! Because I want to! If it makes them happy, then I am happy :)

If you're wondering about my day, here what happened. I realized that I actually have a lot to do between now and next monday (work wise), and that kind of scares me.... quite a bit actually. I had a lovely lunch date with Brittany, and I later spent some time in Carrier with Hannah and Talita before going to the Groove. We had a different instructor than usual, and changes like that take a little while for me to warm up to... Anyways, small group was nice. We each shared what we did over break and how God worked in us during that time. I loved hearing about everyone's experiences; it's awesome to see how He touches all of us in different ways. Since then, I've been in Carrier (shocker!). I haven't been alone the whole time though. I had Daniel and Taylor to keep me company, which I was grateful for. Whilst I've been here, I have completed a short writing assignment for my literature class, and I have completed all the short-answer (well, my answers are pretty lengthy....) questions on the Family Life internship application. That right there is a decent amount of weight lifted off my shoulders. Now I just have to complete the essay questions...

Oh yeah! Today I received a reply letter from Senator Jim Webb. Confused? Well, last semester (for my social issues class) I wrote him a letter regarding the fact that his signature was not on two acts of legislation that were created to help eliminate human trafficking in the U.S.. Well, I was happy to hear that he ended up signing the Child Protection Compact Act of 2010, as well as the International Protecting Girls by Preventing Child Marriage Act (which I hadn't actually mentioned when I wrote him). However, even though both bills passed the Senate, neither was approved by both houses of Congress. Ugh! Dear American government, I need you to step up your game! At any rate, I hope Virginia Senators continue to support legislation that will help end trafficking in America. I hope, I hope!

Goodnight precious loves :) Sleep well!

0 comments:

Post a Comment