Tuesday, June 5, 2012

ΣΑΩ National Convention 2012

"Sweet Southern Comfort"
God is our Comforter.


I'll be honest with you; I came into this past weekend with very few expectations. I wasn't expecting to be impacted but so much, and I did not anticipate to be sad upon my departure early Sunday morning. Well, all of this was wonderfully and incredibly shattered. I found myself blown away by the passion and joy radiated by my beautiful sisters in Christ    both within my chapter and beyond. The amazing heart behind my sorority of Christian women far exceeds my previous perception. It expands to the far edges of this country, and it resides within college campuses both near and far    fueled by the love of Jesus Christ first, and our sisterhood second. With a desire to serve, and an aspiration of physical and spiritual growth, we all humbly came together to learn from, confide in, and share with one another. Despite assembling as a group (in large part) of strangers, we came to know each other as beloved friends. Sharing stories, laughs, dance moves, and memories, this weekend of fellowship will not soon be forgotten.



To my dearest Mu loves,
You all have truly touched my heart. And I want to take a moment and genuinely express how deeply you have touched me. During the worship service, when National Board was sharing the things that they are so deeply afraid of, I was overwhelmed by my own fear: I am burdened with a fear that one day all of my friends will cease to love me as they do now, and that I will face rejection until I've lost the people who I hold most dear. That expounds further to say that I am afraid of having new acquaintances dislike and internally belittle me. But, like my expectations of this convention, this fear was diminished; and God used you all to do that. The initiative you took to know, love, and support our chapter showcased your pouring out as a vessel of Christ, and the beauty of that resonates with me more than you may ever know. In that twenty-six hours of time in community with you all, I came to whole-heartedly love and treasure each one of you. I am so thankful that God placed you all in my life, and I feel so blessed to have sisters as caring and compassionate as you all. There will forever be JMUGA love in my heart :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment